Monday, May 29, 2006

Polaroid MGX-0550 GPS Unit with DVD Player

location based services

Yes, you read that right, a Polaroid GPS that plays DVD's - and you thought the only thing that Polaroid did was to push out those instant pictures from years ago? Shame on you. Polaroid has been pushing into a lot of consumer goods lately, should it be a surprise that they got into one the hottest electronics categories – the land of the GPS? I have to admit I was surprised to see this, but even more surprised to see DVD playback. My kids have been bugging me for a DVD player in the car, and they know I love GPS’s, but could we both be happy with this? When I told them about the DVD player, all that they could say was "Whoa". Can I navigate and play a movie at the same time? Will they still say "Whoa" if I can get my hands on one?
The Polaroid MGX-0550 GPS comes preloaded with maps of all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, the MGX-0550 is ready to use right out of the box. For starters, a 5.6” LCD touch screen lets you easily access features while a unique rotary knob lets you zoom in on maps. Simply touch your way to where you want to go for instant door-to-door directions. You’ll also enjoy a built-in DVD player that entertains with DVDs and music CDs. Don’t worry about missing your turn; the MGX-0550 quickly interrupts your music for your latest instructions. The on-board battery will also run the DVD for up to 3 hours.

No comments: