Monday, March 27, 2006

gps tracklog: Top 10 GPS reviews

location based services


Top 10 GPS reviews
I maintain a link on the right side of the page to the Top 100 GPS receivers at Amazon. While the list is interesting, it's only a snapshot because the list is updated every hour, and it tends to fluctuate significantly. I've recently gotten a good statistics package, and it's easier for me to see what pages people are visiting at GPS Tracklog. I thought some of you might be interested in what GPS reviews have proven popular here, so I'm listing the Top 10 (over the past ten days):

Garmin GPSMap 60CSx
Garmin Forerunner 305
Garmin Edge 305
Garmin GPSMap 60Cx
Garmin nuvi 350
Magellan eXplorist 210
Garmin StreetPilot 2730
Garmin Forerunner 205
Garmin eTrex Legend Cx
Magellan RoadMate 360
This should be a more stable list and, while the sample is obviously comprised of readers of this blog, most aren't return readers -- most of the people reading reviews arrive here via search engines.

I see several interesting trends here. First of all, handhelds are outranking auto units, which surprises me. Second, Garmin dominates the list, which doesn't surprise me. Finally, the majority of the units (the first five on the list, along with the Forerunner 205) carry the SiRFstar III chipset, the subject of my next post...


Technorati tags: GPS

March 23, 2006 in GPS Reviews, Garmin, Hardware, Magellan | Permalink
TrackBack
TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/4512093

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Top 10 GPS reviews:
Comments

Post a comment
Comments are moderated, and will not appear on this weblog until the author has approved them.

If you have a TypeKey or TypePad account, please Sign In

No comments: