Tuesday, February 28, 2006

SMS Text News: Google.com banned by Hutchinson 3g UK
read that Google News is now available as a mobile version. I thought I'd try it out!

Unfortunately, the only normal phone I've got is the Sony Ericsson on Three. I've paid for "mobile websites" so I was sure that the world's number two site (Myspace is number one now, eh?) would be available in this 'package'.

Not at all!

If you go to www.google.com in your Three UK browser, it takes you to the 'suggest a site' page. That's because it's not approved by Three -- you have to send them a text message and hope that someone receives it and adds it to the list. What is it, are they waiting for Google to phone up and offer them bucketloads of cash or something?

What absolute RUBBISH. Seriously, I must be going mad. Someone else with a Three phone tell me I'm just imagining this?

There's nothing for it. I am going to phone them up, brave the Indian call centre, pay off the rest of contract, cancel and be done with it. I simply can't stand these type of stupid limitations!

This from an organisation that wants to be a "media" company not a "phone" company.

February 28, 2006 at


location based services LBS

No comments: