location based services
New to creating Google Maps mashups? Want to create a Google Map with points plotted in just a few minutes? Head over to Google Maps, click the My Maps tab, then click Create new map. Check out my recent Google My Maps posts or check out this My Maps User Guide to learn more.. Here are more Google Maps Creation Tools and Resources to dive deeper:
- TakItWithMe - Upload Google My Maps to Garmin GPS or convert them to GPX format. Check out this 5 min. YouTube demo for more details:
- TakItWithMe also lets you Embed My Maps in your blog or website using this tool. More info about this tool can be found on this blog post..
- Paste KML into Google Maps - Stefan from the OgleEarth Blog has a good lead on a nifty tool
Some recent Google Maps API Blog posts:
- Microformats in Google Maps
- Geocoding now available for Ireland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and India
- UK Geocoding Now Available in the Maps API
- Monetize Your Google Maps - John Musser over at ProgrammableWeb points out a notable addition to the Google Maps API
- Google Maps API Group: Google Maps API T-shirt Ideas?
- How-to Guides for Reto Meier's Western Australia Petrol Prices Mashup and Mapplet: Yahoo Pipes + Google Mashup Editor and Pipes KML + Mapplets
- Google Maps API + Adobe OnAir API = Adobe OnAir Bus Location Tracking
- Flash 9 + Google Maps API = Million Marker Map
- Free eBook: Mashup Mania with Google Maps - Here is the link to the PDF..
- Esa Ojala helps Finnish and Swedish geo developers with button legends and tooltips - Check out all of Esa's Google Maps experiments here..
- Stefan from Google Karten explains layers on Google Maps
- RealTimeWebTraffic - Instant geo-specific results of where your real time web traffic is coming from using Google Maps
For more recent Creation Tools posts, click the label below! :)